E-file rejection error SEIC-F1040-501-02
How to fix an e-filed return that was rejected with error SEIC-F1040-501-02: The Social Security number and the last name of the qualifying child for the earned income credit (EIC) do not match what the IRS has in its records.
This rejection occurs when the name or Social Security number for the qualifying child is either incorrect or doesn't match what's on file with the IRS.Try This First (Recommended)
Get your children's Social Security cards and then follow these steps to make sure their information was entered correctly:
- Open your return in TurboTax, and then select My Info.
- Continue until you reach the Personal Info Summary screen.
- Next to your dependent(s), select Edit.
- Continue through and make sure that the child's Name and Social Security number exactly match the information on their Social Security card.
- If the information is wrong, correct it.
- Continue until you're on the Your Children and Others You Support screen. Repeat the process for any additional children.
If you made any corrections, click Done and then e-file again.
Otherwise, if you verified that the info you entered is correct, proceed to Other Options, below.Other Options
If you verified that the information you entered into TurboTax exactly matches your children's Social Security cards, you will need to file a paper return. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you further with this rejection error, as the problem lies with government agencies' data that we have no control over.
After mailing your return, we suggest you call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify that the SSA's records are correct. (The IRS gets their information from the SSA.) Correct SSA records will prevent the same rejection next year.