Before you submit your claim, make sure that:
- You received an assessment notice regarding a tax return, that shows the penalties and/or interest your owe.
- You double-checked your entries and you believe you entered them correctly.
- Your contact information is current.
- You filed an amended return after we fixed the error, if we asked you to do so. (Don't worry about this part if you didn't receive these instructions from us.)
Please submit your case for review within 60 days of the date on your penalty assessment notice, as we only reimburse the penalties and interest on the first notice received.
- As this is a reimbursement, you might want to pay the penalties and interest on your penalty assessment notice first - this is not a requirement, however.
- If your claim is approved, we will pay for the penalties and interest incurred on the first notice you receive.
- You will still be responsible for the tax you owe on the return.
You should also respond to the IRS or state tax agency (if they requested a response) as soon as possible, per your assessment notice.
Send your claim to:
ATTN: Accuracy Guarantee
2800 E Commerce Center Place
Tucson, AZ 8 5 7 2 6 - 8 8 6 7
Please use a trackable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records, and allow up to 6 weeks for processing.