Even though most customers choose to e-file, you can also file a conventional paper return in IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. You'll need:
- A printer and paper (obviously);
- Adobe Reader (or other PDF reader);
- Sufficient postage to mail your return.
One more thing – if you haven't already registered in IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, you'll be prompted to register before you can print.
- Sign in and open your return (by selecting any of the options to keep working on your taxes), if you haven't already done so.
- Select File from the left-hand menu.
- Continue until you get to Get ready to save and file your returns, and follow the instructions.
- When you see Let's get ready to e-file, select File by mail (instead of I want to e-file).
- Change your filing method and Save.
- On the Let's print your taxes screen, select Download and wait while we prepare your return, then print.
- Select Continue and then in the pop-up window, select I'm done.
Important: For your security, we recommend that if you file by mail, do it at a post office, not from an unlocked mailbox in front of your house.